Biokineticist in Centurion providing specialized professional rehabilitation treatment through physical therapy techniques and individualized exercise prescription.
WHAT IS BIOKINETICS
Biokinetics is a profession concerned with health promotion. Biokineticists are mainly involved in final phase rehabilitation. This is achieved through specialized and individualized exercise program prescription.
WHAT IS A BIOKINETICIST?
A Biokineticist is a specialized exercise therapist who is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). Through clinical evaluation, an exercise program is prescribed to rehabilitate various conditions through exercise.
Nikus du Toit Biokineticists is unique as it includes:
* Contact numbers should they need assistance after discharge from hospital.
* The practice is situated on the premises of Midstream Mediclinic, approximately 100 meter away from the Emergency Unit.
* All staff members are trained in 'Basic Life Support for Health Care Practitioners'.
* Constant supervision by the Biokineticist at the facility.
Also unique to this practice is the prescription of home programs with regular follow-ups. Patients who train at other gymnasium facilities can also be assisted with individualized programs.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you can benefit from exercise!
* Heart attacks (MI)
* Stable Angina
* High Cholesterol
* Lower back pain
* Shoulder, hip or knee injuries
Does my Medical Aid cover Biokinetics?
Biokinetics is registered with the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF) and uses ICD10 Codes and tariffs when treating pathology.
Most Medical Aids cover Biokinetics in full, depending on the individual Medical Aid plan.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO